i'm bringing the juice


there's this imaginary table people always talk about, and they like to imagine what they bring to it. so i sat down at this table alone, and looked at what i brought: juice.

what i bring to the table is a know how. i know how to do it all. ask about me. i've published two books through my publishing company, i have a stage play going up at an equity theater in Hollywood. i have a film about to be shot this coming week - and my life is admired by many.

the greatest part about all of that is that i'm not selfish. i help ANYONE who has goals they want to achieve - and become great. i always say it: i don't want the luxury car if my people can't have one, too.

----------

my successes seem bigger to my friends and those that read about it than it does to me.
in the midst of building my empire i find myself losing friends.
the upside of that is that i'm also making more friends.
it's like draining the tub while the water's running, i guess.

i don't mind it. i have no room for the lazy - or the jealous.

----------

last night i found myself at an HBCU mixer at the beach. it was cool.
why the hell was Tuskeegee so deep? god knows.

a few howard and hampton folks scattered and the annoying as fxck morehouse/spelman folks...

and me alone representing one of the only hbcu's actually founded by an african american pioneer to help better the people - not to house the bourgeois.

but i definitely had a great time with the folks.
-----------

everyone who's in on the celibacy challenge: September 1, 2009 is the beginning date.
more information will be coming soon. stay tuned.
get it in while you can, folks!

1 comments:

Sean D

Great post Brother. "annoying as fxck morehouse/spelman folks" Not all of us are like that, but I feel you to an extent. Peace & continued blessings. Sean

Post a Comment

Return top