she spoke: poem 1

30 poems in 30 days
day 1: april 7, 2010
(photography by kwesi abbensetts)


she spoke

she spoke
not the bullshit conversation starters and 'p' pronunciations full of spit and caked up corners
but true to life shit
parted lips are not made for whispering
legs parted at the knees and the beautiful spaces unoccupied between the top of her thighs
triangular
she's been waiting on me and the sun to rise for the last few days
fuck fuck fuck she'd scream to the same god acknowledge just moments before
something about him visiting whenever we'd fuck
make love
fuck
fuck
fuck
hair tangled so my hands would never leave
eyes open just in case
she wanted to watch me stay
come
something about the man she hopes i'd never know or grow into
i thought they were the same
just something about my mustache that helped her tell the difference
twist baby
remove my eyes from my pen and tablet
part your lips and legs
speak it
she spoke

-me

1 comments:

Kwesi Abbensetts

Love it my brother, good to know our lanes could merge in such a beautiful way.

Post a Comment

Return top